Thursday, August 25, 2011

TO CALM MY MIND

Song for Today: "You See Everything" by: Low

I slept like a tornado last night.

Every once in a while when there's a million and a half things going on in my life, my brain won't shut off. It runs through every conceivable outcome of things past, present and future. This prevents me from getting any kind of sleep, even restless sleep would be nice, but relief won't come. I continuously think about employment, relationships, insecurities, responsibilities, the list goes on and on. I went to bed around 10:30 last night, and the last time I checked before I FINALLY fell asleep it was 3:30 am. I was lying wide awake in my bed for 5 hours.

The sad thing is, this isn't a new thing for me. Usually I have to really try to calm my mind before falling asleep. What does that mean? do I think too much? should I think less? and how does one think less? just accept things for what they are and not read into them?

There I go over-thinking about over-thinking... I bet if I spent less time and energy analyzing I could spend more time and energy on other important things. Like creativity. Wouldn't that be something... but how?

Does anybody know?

No comments:

Post a Comment