Thursday, September 1, 2011

POSITIVE TRUTHS


I read an article today about people who are bi-polar. Apparently the most successful cases are those of patients who believe they have some amount of control over their emotions. Now, I'm not bi-polar (or am I? ...kidding, I'm not) But this article was extremely encouraging. It put legs to what I've been trying to accomplish in myself, controlling my emotions.

I'm not talking about not being lead by your emotions, I'm talking about using the power of your mind to conquer negative, hurtful, or wrong emotions. ITS AWESOME. Every time I feel insecure I'll start talking (sometimes internally) positive truths about myself. I'm funny, I have nice hair, I'm awesome at the bass guitar etc... try it!

Also I've found that mornings are crucial. Every morning I wake up I meditate on 3 things I'm thankful for and the love of God.

The brain is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment